Galaxy Online II Today: 0    Total Posts: 28066

Total:#32

Create Thread

[Suggestion] STOP ASKING FOR DIRECT TRADES! TRADE INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE!!!

Hot Topics Sticky   [Copy link] 31/6164

Posted on 8/17/12 1:08:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Please stop asking for direct trades in game.  It won\'t ever happen, no matter how much you ask for it, because it will make it easier for alt players to trade to their mains, and vise versa...

The following are instructions on "Safe Trading" practices that you can use to prevent getting sniped on the Auction House.  Please heed the instructions to avoid being sniped... again...

1.  Conduct all trades, even ones with Corps Mates, in Private Messages, over Skype, or Raidcall, or Ventrilo... in a private conversation if using a voice server.  This prevents anyone else from knowing when you or your friend are posting something on the market.

2.  List your items for fair market value, and have your trading partner list a ship or their item for the same price.  That way you are paying the tax on the items to list at fair value, rather than risking them being stolen because you list them at 12345 gold.  <--- If you do this, it\'s your fault you got sniped.

3.  If you insist on listing items for 12345 gold when they are worth 5,000mp, do not come crying to the mods or admins about your problem of not having direct trading... If you have something worth 5k mp... you likely have the MP available to list it for 5k and pay the taxes on it.  Again, if you get sniped, it\'s your own fault.  Listing things at fair market value also means if someone else is interested in it, they will have bought it for full price and you will at least have the MP available to BUY the item you were trading for in the first place.

4.  If you still insist on listing things for 12345 gold, make sure you and your trading partner are on the same page about how you plan to list them... Using the server clock is a good way of ensuring you know, but no one else knows, exactly when you or your friend will post an item.  Also, make sure you have the fastest computer on the server, because if ANYONE, including your corps mates, knows that you\'re trading your 8* Rays of Destiny for some res that you will be farming from your friend\'s alt planet later in the day, you can bet they will be spamming the Auction House searching for Rays of Destiny cards for 12345 gold... The only way to make sure you or your friend get your traded item is to make sure you click faster than the other guy.

5.  If you accidentally arrange a trade in Corps Chat, Planet Chat, or World Chat and someone sees, change to PMs, and put a random delay time on your trade... between an hour and four hours is a good number... There are in fact some players who have a macro program set up to search the market for whatever items they see in World Chat or Commander Draws... Be aware of these people, be aware of the risks of trading below market value... they will snipe you and log off without a word.... right after listing your item for market value, as it should have been in the first place.

6.  List items for market value, or be more discrete and FASTER when you trade for lower than market value... If you trade below market value and get sniped... guess who\'s fault it is... If you trade at or above market value, at least if you get sniped, you get a lot of MP out of the deal that you can use to BUY the other item you were trading for!  Everyone wins!

One way to prevent trade snipes ---  show seller the name n id number of who bought the item -

it wont really prevent the snipe but it will allow the traders to know who the sniper is so that they can retaliate against him

Signature

That would be just like the Sniper Reporting system IGG tried out a few months ago.  It ended up being a huge catastrophe with everyone claiming their item was sniped... Still, no matter how you look at the situation, if you list for less than market value and your item is successfully purchased by someone other than your intended trade partner, it is YOUR fault... Nothing about the Trade Center will be changed... it is perfect just the way it is.

Signature

Thanks Dragonriot.

Signature

No problem bro... I know you\'re tired of reiterating the same stuff every few days when someone posts about getting sniped. lol

[s:715]

Signature

i agree if u trade for less than value n its sniped its ur fault -

if we get notification of who bought it, then at least the victims will know
who to hit in revenge -

i think this "street justice" will help minimalize sniping

Signature

out of everything said, the only real thing that works is to sell it for street value.

There are accounts being ran to bot AH at certain prices.

Try it on any server, post a 1 star CC for under 5 mil gold and watch how fast it is bought.

Setting times and stuff isnt gonna work completely, you still run a huge risk of being beaten by the AH bot sniper

Signature

lol. I\'d snipe something even if 20 corps are against me. You arent getting your 1* mantie back no matter how long you farmed me. And I\'d still do it again.

Releasing the buyer\'s ID would just allow people to harass other players.
That\'s why IGG discontinued the service. Every other post about sniping had threats about farming the buyer until they quit.

You knew the risks of posting something well below market price.

Signature

the fact its continuously brought up should tell you something as should the fact you have to type up a big message saying "how to trade safely".

Just show buyer ID on the email we get when something is bought off us, its not rocket science and would go a long way to placating a massive number of people.

Additionally, We have a guy on our server who openly admits to sniping millions of ships and hundreds of commander cards. There have been a large number of new players who have lost tons of ships/comms simply as they assume the auction house isnt an environment for opportunists to thrive. That you think this OK and isn\'t something that needs addressing speaks volumes.

Signature

Sadly to say, but IGG is nothing more than a company that leaves everyone in the dark while being lazy. Reasons:

1. I had played a few of IGG\'s games for a longer time than I played GOII. In that time, I watched as scammers, cheaters, botters, and HACKERS were let off scott free. Sure, they will go out and tell the masses that they are doing something about them, but in the end, it was just nothing more than smoke up someone\'s ass.

2. Most of the cheats and illegal players are Premium supporters (those that put in $$$ into a game), and by IGG\'s standards, losing these players worries them more than the entire player base.

3. They are latent in their latest content releases (exception and I had to say they are starting to get the program: GOII) to be ported onto other versions. One example is the wheels that I have seen across versions.

Now that being said, they will not put a direct trade in because they worry about alts? Give me a f-beep-ing break, will ya? Look around, this game is full of alts. IGG removed the FB profile lookup, and I have not heard anything about anybody\'s alts being reported or banned so don\'t be using that sorry ass excuse, because I am not buying it. The players have a right to know who is buying their stuff, and they should have that done, ESPECIALLY now that IGG has sent a THREAT about banning people\'s accounts when it comes to illegal MP acquired. I, for one, will not have my account banned because some numb nuts player bought my item (that I am selling for mp) with the mp they got illegally. I think that is bulls-beep- and it will not fly with me. So quit being lazy and making excuses. Start to show results instead that will keep customers, paying or not, satisfied that they can refer their friends.

And player harassment? They asked for it when they do stuff like this, so they get what is coming to them. End of story.

Signature
Aeos of 2012
Same dude on GOII s01

Well get rid of the damn Alt account cheaters. All the other games have no problem finding alts and shutting them down. Why cant IGG do it? GREED

Signature