Galaxy Online II Today: 0    Total Posts: 750

Moderator: chrispeng

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Guides] Libra Strategy.

Sticky   [Copy link] 4/5163

Posted on 11/20/12 9:59:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

When you posted this last time, I wanted to bring up the point about most people with 7* and lower commanders likely don\'t have Chronus Wing and Dark Spectre BPs... I know, because I\'m one of them. heh. =)  It\'s a great guide, and people should know that it will also work with any other SB tank setup, for instance if your best SB is Titan or Space Citadel, build your tank fleet with Citadels and your DPS fleets with Avalanche or Cyclone rather than Virgo Weapons.

Using the instances website Max Attack Calculator will also help you determine if your tank is truly the highest attack fleet...  Be aware that even with the best indy tank build, when you add weapons to it, even SB, you reduce the overall defenses, so expect to take some losses, and you WILL need to supplement your low star commanders with good gems and bionic chips, especially a negator chip if you have one available... It will mean the difference between a stack lost in your tank fleet, and your entire fleet being lost because the tank decides to get blown up.  Make sure you set your DPS fleets to max attack, so your tank can just sit there and take laser and bali fire all day, while your DPS fleets take care of the long range fleets first.

Good post Shadow, we\'re sad to see you leave the mod corps... but at least you\'re still around to post. =)

Signature

Nice.. I\'ma try this later.

Signature

When you posted this last time, I wanted to bring up the point about most people with 7* and lower commanders likely don\'t have Chronus Wing and Dark Spectre BPs... I know, because I\'m one of them. heh. =)  It\'s a great guide, and people should know that it will also work with any other SB tank setup, for instance if your best SB is Titan or Space Citadel, build your tank fleet with Citadels and your DPS fleets with Avalanche or Cyclone rather than Virgo Weapons.

Using the instances website Max Attack Calculator will also help you determine if your tank is truly the highest attack fleet...  Be aware that even with the best indy tank build, when you add weapons to it, even SB, you reduce the overall defenses, so expect to take some losses, and you WILL need to supplement your low star commanders with good gems and bionic chips, especially a negator chip if you have one available... It will mean the difference between a stack lost in your tank fleet, and your entire fleet being lost because the tank decides to get blown up.  Make sure you set your DPS fleets to max attack, so your tank can just sit there and take laser and bali fire all day, while your DPS fleets take care of the long range fleets first.

Good post Shadow, we\'re sad to see you leave the mod corps... but at least you\'re still around to post. =)

if you do not have the Chronus Wing or Dark Spectre but you have a level 7 or higher ship base chip then Streamliner 3 works...it comes out higher max attack than Chronus wing 3 and Dark spectre 3

Signature

People keep asking for a way to beat Libra with reasonable CC so i figure... Even though im not a mod anymore i'll help you guys out. This is the strategy i worked out for Dark_Reign and her members. Bear in mind the maths in this are for the EXACT builds i've described. If you can't build them.. Ask a corpie to do it =)

I've been playing around with a few different ideas from different sources and i've come up with a way everyone with a 6*+ skill can beat Libra. Applaud my genius soon. Its basic. Indie tanks, but not any old tanks. SB tanks. 1 missile interception, 6 EOS, 1 EA, 2 Dark Spectre-3, 2 Dark Spectre-2.
CW Capra. 12 Chronus Wing-3... Doesn't matter about the type of ship it just needs 12 CW for the maths to work.
GForce. 15 Chronus Wing-3, 1 Rapid Fire-1, EOS Engine and Anti Matter Engine.
(The rapid fire is essentially as when you set your tank fleet to min range the computer will use the balli weapon to get your tanks closer=P)
All 3k Stacks and arranged once again in the condom formation.

In Ca In
In Ge In
In In In

In = Indie
Ge = GForce
Ca = Capra

Now using this formation and EXACT builds i have done some maths based on effective stack of different * commanders

9*
GForce - 2295 x 39705 = 91122975
Indie - 2550 x 8316 x 7 = 148440600
CW Capra - 2550 x 31740 = 80937000
= 320500575

8*
GForce - 1900 x 39705 = 75447100
Indies - 2125 x 8316 x 7 = 123700500
CW Capra - 2125 x 31740 = 67447500
= 266595100

7*
GForce - 1624 x 39705 = 64480920
Indies - 1804 x 8316 x 7 = 105014448
CW Capra - 1804 x 31740 = 57258960
= 226754328

6*
GForce - 1425 x 39705 = 56579625
Indies - 1628 x 8316 x 7 = 94769136
CW Capra - 1628 x 31740 = 51672720
= 203021481

Now the total at the and is the total effective attack power for each * lvl on the EXACT builds of the tanks i gave. Its basically.

Effective stack x Max attack = Total AP on stack of ships

For the indies there are 7 stacks of indies so i multiplied the result by 7.
Use a pretty decent negator chip on the tank fleet too. All other defensive chips help but negator chip is imperative.
Now... As long as you laser fleets DO NOT exceed this number for total AP of tank, the indies will be targeted and not damaged.. Not even scratched the paint. Allowing for higher stack of lasers to kill the instance quicker. I finish L4 in 11 rds everytime using 8* CC as tank i can stack my 15 PR Capra to 1.9k and my 15 ScorpSting Capra to 1.7k....

Hope this helps.. I put a decent amount of time in doing this math for you guys. So ask if you don't understand.
My pm still works even though i'm not a mod =)
~ ShadowLurker

Signature
Posted on 7/27/13 4:41:58 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

SL, really nice guide, but it is not your genius that wrote it. This guide has been available for CBA since they made the modification of the targetting settings in Libra from all Closest to all Max AP.

Signature